“Ikaw ba ay mahilig magsulat ng kanta at gustong mas mahasa pa? Sawang-sawa ka na ba sa mga awit sa simbahan na puro gawa ng mga banyaga? Naramdaman mo ba ang pagbabago sa mundo ng musika at inasam na mayroong mga awit na mas makabuluhan at may katuturan?
Maaari nang marinig ang iyong himig. Inanyayahan ka naming makibahagi sa proyekto ng NC2017 at makapag-ambag ng iyong angking galing at sining sa awitin. Makiisa sa pagbabagong pinapangarap nating simulan sa larangan ng musika.”
God’s people in IVCF responding to Him in worship at the National Conference through music and performing arts that reflect our Filipino culture and diversity.
Worship music that embodies IVCF’s experiences, vision and mission, values and culture as a movement and to create songs that will be used in worship services by IVCF and other churches after the National Conference.
- This invitation is open to all amateur and professional Christian songwriters.
- Songwriters may submit more than one song entry.
- The song entry must be an original composition.
- The song entry may be in any of these categories: pop, rock/alternative, ballad, R&B, folk/acoustic, jazz, soul, blues, gospel.
- The song entry must not have been commercially released (i.e., recorded and commercially distributed or sold to the public).
- The song entry must not infringe on the copyright or any other right of any party.
- The song entry must not exceed five (5) minutes in length.
- Song lyrics should be written preferably in any Philippine language or in English.
- The song entry should reflect our NC theme as a whole or any of our conference sub-themes which are repentance, renewal, rebuilding, organizational humility, reconciliation, unity behind God’s leading, jealousy for God’s glory, societal engagement, missions mobilization and generosity in giving.
- The NC2017 Music and Worship Committee will choose the 9-12 songs that will be included in the NC2017 Worship Album based on the following criteria:
- Musical Content (30%) — refers to the appeal of the melody and its accompanying basic harmony.
- Lyrics (30%) — refers to the body of the verse used in the musical composition.
- Over-all impact (40%) — refers to the general appeal of the song entry based on the concept, treatment of subject, structure, and unity of musical elements.
Requirements for Submission of Entries
- Entries must be submitted no later than August 31, 2017. The NC2017 Music and Worship committee reserves the right to extend the deadline if necessary.
- Entries must be recorded in wav or MP3 or MP4 format (at least 320 kbps resolution). The song file should be named with the title of the song or a short title if the song title is too long.
- Entries must be accompanied by a lyric sheet (in JPEG format) and the accomplished official entry form (attach the official entry form).
- Email submissions:Send the three files (music file, lyric sheet, and story) to email@example.com with the following subject line:
_. For example: NC2017SongEntry_Juan Dela Cruz.
- Submission by courier or personal delivery:Send a document envelope containing a USB flash drive with the song file encoded in it, lyric sheet, and the official entry form to:Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship Philippines
c/o NC2017 Music & Worship Team
101 Don Primitivo St. Don Antonio Heights, Brgy. Holy Spirit,
1127 Quezon City
- An email shall be sent informing participants that their entry has been received. A second email will be sent to inform participants if their entry has been included or not in the NC2017 Worship Album.
Contact Us For More Information